NEWS

coming schedule 2024

20131127

COPY-ETCHING

Yuriko Miyoshi: COPY-ETCHING / An etching technique using Xerox copy

In making my prints I use a simple technique using Xerox copy. Looking at my prints you may think I use a photo-etching technique or a photogravure technique. However, my copy-etching technique is different from them. In my manner I use a sheet of paper instead of a stone or metal (zinc or aluminium) plate, such as is used in lithography. My technique utilizes the principle that grease and water do not mix, thus creating image and non-image producing areas. The non-image areas accept water but not ink.

***

COPY-ETCHING 1 with lithography technique

Original image > using Xerox Copy: Positive B&W image or Negative B&W image

With Gum Arabic, Water, Tincture, Intaglio oil-based ink
 

Tincture & Black Ink on the paper > Ink on Zink plate > Etched Zink Plate by Copper sulfate
  



COPY-ETCHING 2 with Hot iron transfer

          

Colour printing on several Japanese papers with Jigsaw plate
(Register paper / Embossing / Jigsaw printing / Chine Colle printing / A la poupée printing / Viscosity printing)